Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Little Reminder On How To Live A Good Life



If I had my life to live over,
I’d try to make more mistakes next time.
I would relax, I would limber up,
I would be crazier than I’ve
Been on this trip. I know very few things I’d
Take seriously any more.
I would take more chances,
I would take more trips, I would scale more
Mountains, I would swim more rivers,
And I would watch more sunsets. I would eat
More ice cream and fewer beans. I would have
More actual troubles and fewer imaginary
Ones. You see… I was one of those people who
Lived prophylactically and sensibly
And sanely, hour after hour and day after day.
Oh, I’ve had my moments
And if I had to do it all over again, I’d have
Many more of them.
In fact, I’d try not to have anything else, just
Moments, one after another, instead of living
So many years ahead of my day.
I’ve been one of those people who never went
Anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water
Bottle, a gargle, a raincoat, and a parachute.
If I had it to do all over again, I’d travel
Lighter, much lighter than I have.
I would start barefoot earlier in the spring,
And I’d stay that way later in the fall.
And I would ride more merry-go-rounds, and
Catch more gold rings, and greet more people,
And pick more flowers, and dance more often.
If I had it to do all over again.
But you see,
I don’t.


Credits

Found it on this site

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://razorfamilyfarms.com/wp-content/uploads/inspiring.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dreambank.org/blog/%3Fm%3D200905&usg=__bIkFG0Qw4aXK5mrhVbQGZM0aCVA=&h=500&w=333&sz=78&hl=en&start=1&sig2=puDlXdJAY7bK1iB93lhpsA&itbs=1&tbnid=Tok6u0bFdN1HKM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=87&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinspiring%2Bimages%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=TM6pS7TyJ9GHkQWsy8DcAQ

Idea Drunk, which had originally been published in the Journal of Humanistic Psychology. It’s from an 84 year old man who’s dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment