Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fascinating Fantasy Fun

Fascinating Fantasy Fun

Uhh.. it has been a while since I blogged. Someone complains that I should blog haha but it only lasts like 5 mins? That's not going to get you anywhere in 5 min. Anyways.. people would've guessed that I'm playing games again haha. Don't know how I got back into it *Cough* Zane *Cough*.

My parents and some people say that these games don't help me at all in life. That's true. I enjoy the game for the sake of meeting new people and playing the role of my character. What's most fascinating is that I've met a couple of friends online in the past few years since I've started gaming. There's Sam and Lily, people I met on Maplestory. Good online friends and good times. I still have them on my contacts for MSN, but it's sorta weird talking to them now. I do not know why, but I still want to open a conversation with them and wish them a Happy New Year or something. And not long ago, I met a great guy called Mike :). Nice guy and we've been friends for quite some time, although we don't play the same games anymore. I mentioned that idea because playing games is sort of like the relationship with friends when they change schools. Most of the time, friends stop talking if they part for other schools. It's quite similar in games. The game is what sorta bonds them together.

At the moment, I am playing a game called 'ROSE Online' and I've met many people from different countries and even cultures. I've met people who've come from different pasts. Sounds so weird right now lol but I have. What I've found most interesting though, is the adults that I've met playing this game. These adults are about 28+ and are really nice. Don't tell me about cyber shit and stuff lol but it's true. They're nice and the two in specific that I've met are married. One's a guy and one's a girl. I won't go in-depth but I'm quite surprised that these people have the time to play games at their age. The life stories they tell me are quite fascinating :). I ask them lots of questions haha, and I must finally admit that the questions I ask are really weird O.o. It's not the usual conversation you would have with an ordinary person haha.

And over here, my Asian parents stuff me with crap about the future and how I'll be so busy.. Doesn't really help. For others, I believe it's quite similar. But again, I must admit that their stories are amazing. Whether these stories are true or not, I really don't believe that someone would go this far in concocting interesting life stories lol.

On a side note, since I am made this post, I might as well combine it with this other thought I've had for some time. It's about birthdays and how the people at our school celebrate it.

I find it rather strange and sorta.. offensive in a way is it not? Look at this way. People who celebrate their friends birthdays at our school tend to buy things and hold a party. As part of this, The event scheduler asks for other friends to chip in money for a presents. I will ask; Do your friends celebrate your birthday at school?

In a sense, does this not make others feel sort of 'less' important? I mean, there are others who are willing to spend their time gathering money and organising a party at school for some but not others. It's quite ridiculous really. And by pooling (or chipping) in money, does this not help confirm that others are of more importance?

I don't know what it is that makes people celebrate their friend's birthdays. Importance? Easy to talk to? I'm not quite sure myself, and the reasons I rack the hell out of my brain are quite... stupid really..

I don't want to stop those celebrations but people like I look at simple things as such in such complex ways.. and with this idea, I do believe sometimes that with the 'hierarchy' at our school is stupid.I hate looking at things like that, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment