Thursday, February 24, 2011

Movie Reviews Are Just BS

Movie Reviews Are Just BS

I've been getting movies a lot lately to and I read reviews to see whether they're good or not. Although these reviews give a rough idea about the movies, personally, I do not like them at all. I don't like the way the movies are criticised and in general, I dislike the majority of the contents of a review.

I've seen old and modern movies and generally, the older movies get better reviews. Why? I believe it's because those old movies are the 'first'. As in, they're not cliched and they're original. Most modern movies get ideas from these old movies and as more and more movies are made, it's harder for it to become original. What reviewers are looking for, I believe, is something totally new; out-of-the-box and that sort of stuff. It really gives some modern comdey movies a bad name and that's in my point of view, I think it's unecessary. I think reviewers should just judge it by the contents of the now and I've seen countless numbers of movies that apply same humour techniques to get laughs. Sometimes I just wonder if it's even possible to get non-cliched, original movies...

I understand that reviewers do this for a living or as a job, but critising others for the movies they've made demeanours them. I mean, I don't see movie reviewers going to the studio to make their own 'creative' and 'original' movies. It's like saying someone sucks at a sport when you do as well.

I guess, the whole idea of this post is that movie reviewers can only roughly tell a person what the movie's about and whether it's original or not. In the end, it's all based on oppinions but I just dislike movie reviewers. Don't know why some bother with it. I do understand the difference between a crap movie and a good movie though, and I think it's usually obvious to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment