Saturday, July 20, 2013

My grandfather

I don't know much about my paternal grandfather. It seems as if he's just a figment of my memory.

I don't remember much about him. And with the things I do, I question if those memories are real.

I write a lot of my stories about those memories. My grandfather's in it and it feels warm for some reason.

I just found out recently his full name was Tong Van Hien. He named me and I'm glad. I'm scared that Vietnam's gunna be lost to me soon.

Anyways, besides the topic here's a nice story I remembered that my dad forced me to read back when I was 7. It was in Vietnamese and I don't remember much of it but I'll do my best. I think the story was set in China and translated into Vietnamese because it had commanders and stuff.

Anyways, back then in China I think people would exams to become war commanders. There were two particular friends. Friend 1 was very hardworking while Friend 2 was lazy. By the time of the exam, the second friend failed whilst friend one did really well and became a really powerful commander in time. So the Friend 2 ended up being quite poor. Seeing his friend's state, the first friend felt sorry for him so he told his wife to help him out. His wife sat outside of the second friend's house and pretended that her house was burnt down and she had no place to live. He took her in because he felt sorry for her. She made took care of him by making food for him etc. He decided to study really hard because of this and eventually he tried out for the exam again. This time he made it in and he had plans of marrying the girl. But then she revealed that she was married to the First friend.
Idk what happened after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment