Monday, September 12, 2016

Henry, do people die?

Doing the dishes and the lil kid asks me this question;

Charlie: Henry do people die?

It made me pause for a moment. But I continued and answered him because I wanted to see his reaction.

Henry: Yes Charlie, people do die. Old people die.

Charlie: Oh I don't wanna die..

Henry: That's okay, you're still young. That's why I tell you to go shopping with mum and dad. You should spend more time with them (because you know.. I don't really..).

I don't think he got the idea that my parents were getting old.

Charlie: What will happen to the children if old people die? Will our family stay the say?

I wasn't too sure what he was asking.

Henry: What do you mean?

Charlie: Will we be the same family me, you, sis, dad and mum if we are reborn?

I nearly said no but paused to correct myself and said yes instead.

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful Henry, thanks for writing up this post.

    ReplyDelete