Monday, October 28, 2013

Birds

Birds..
There's something about those creatures that always capture my thoughts..
I look up to them cos they're free.
I really like birds. I've had pet birds before. They never stayed with me for long.

Birds die here and there.. but it just so happens that I come across them when they're dead more than others.
Mum came home today and told me that there was a drowning bird and a dead one (well I wouldn't say it was drowning but it was struggling to fly out cos of it's wet wings).
They were in our rainwater buckets.
Mum said that the dead one was there a few days ago.
My dad probably couldn't hear it struggle in the water when he was outside because his hearing sucks.
The one that did die was rather large compared to the one that was still alive.
Perhaps the other one was its mother/father and they were looking for him/her.
I don't know.
I got the bird out and laid it in the sun in hopes that it'll dry off and fly away.
It did.
I hope it doesn't get sick though.. it was a rather tiny bird after all.

As a kid I had always wanted a bird for a pet, one that would fly away and come back to me or even one that wouldn't fly but instead hop around on my shoulders.
The imagination of a kid..

But.. seeing these things.. it takes a part away from me; I seem to somehow lose a bit of myself. I don't know how to describe this feeling..
Is it some form of emptiness? Perhaps..


No comments:

Post a Comment