Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New start.. Perhaps

Ignore my previous posts if you can...

Anyways, I'm hoping for a fresher "beginning" for this blog :/. Warning though, it's still depressing.

So we were at Sydney today.. and I made the observations as usual.

But before that, I had to find a way to get there of course. What really interested me was the fact that my dad offered me a lift. It was sort of unusual. I don't talk to him much and he doesn't either and I hate myself for that. My mum said the other day that she's ashamed (not exactly the right word but somewhere around that line) of me cos I don't open conversations with them (my parents). And I thought that I would visit them in the future when I move out.. but what would I say to them.

I'm a bad son.

So my dad was driving me and it was all quiet. Normally, I would walk to the station but he offered me a lift. When I was about to get off the car, I wanted to say thank you for the lift and say bye like any good son in Vietnam would.

I didn't have the courage.

And that had made me thought of the time when I did do that kind of stuff. I'd say hello or bye to my parents formally everytime I leave or come home with an added bow. I don't do that any more.

Moving to Australia has been different. The expectations, culture and everything is so different. My mum says stuff like "Don't be like the kids over here, they're rude". And it's just so hard to be like that. Fitting in and all. I remember vaguely this one time when I came home from school in Australia. My mum asked me "Why don't you say hello and bow" and so I did as she asked. Before, I wouldn't have to be asked to do that. Now, I don't even do it at all.

So in Sydney there were bums on the paths holding signs asking for help and I felt helpless myself. Every life has a story behind them and it gets me thinking. Yes, this part does not make sense. But perhaps, the whole point of some of my posts are to get people to think each individual line and somehow connect them with the next line. They're merely fragments of my thoughts; there's just so much to say for me.

And then as we walked using the pedestrian lights or whatever, I noticed how crowded it was.

China here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment