Friday, September 10, 2010

Poems

Poems can be so... beautiful..?

The Weeping Willow

In the rain,
In sorrow and in pain,
A small child,
Cries in the rain…
The small child hides,
Under a tree,
So no one can see him,
Crying in the rain…
Then he sees the tree,
And sees it weep,
It is a Weeping Willow,
Crying in the rain…
The rain still pours,
But the child does not weep.
However, the willow is still
Crying in the rain…
This poem [...]

The above is not mine, I got it from here http://www.lotofpoems.com/poetry/rain-poems/

Now for mine (Haikus, although I believe they can be improved if they were Cinquains instead).

The Nights

The breeze is so light..
Lie down, look up. What a sight..
Countless eyes at night..


Dripping Lonely


It drips... drips... drips... drips.....
The tap in the empty house.
Drip... Drip... Drip... Drip....... Drip.


Time


With time, there's nothing.
Cos with time, there will be love,
but love cannot last.

Rain (I might have heard this poem somewhere before. Someone tell me what it is if I'm correct. For now, I do not say that it is mine).

Free Verses

When rain comes,
The people run, the people ditch.
Horror, sorrow, destruction.
We don't embrace it, but nature does
For when there's rain;
Animals come out and embrace it.
For when there's rain;
Colours flourish this land.
What we don't see;
More smiles than ever.

Memories of a child

There was a building;
Where memories of laughter,
Where memories of tears
Belonged.
But now it's vacant,
neglected
dilapidated
Yet, it stands quite firmly
Like my memories

Memories of a child....

For those who've read my earlier posts on this blog, I've said something about an old dilapidated building where I used to go as a daycare thing. I dedicate this poem to that building.

No comments:

Post a Comment