Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Changing me

'Changing me'

Over the past few years, as a little boy in Vietnam I've changed to this person in Australia. Like William Shakespeare, I have this thing against 'Time', but more importantly, I have a thing against 'Change'. Though, without 'Time', there wouldn't be 'Change'. Nevertheless, I continue to despise 'Change'. Over the last two years of my high school, I think 'Time' and 'Change' have worked their hardest to turn upon me. With this, I have created this Blogger.

'Change' is manipulative and throughout my life, I have seen multiple changes to my surroundings and more importantly, to the people I love(d). By changing the people I love(d), it is probably the reason why I hate it. Some of you may have already listened to my speech on 'Change' and the 'Overpopulation' Crisis, but that is on the 'Science' side of this blog.

So over the two years I have told myself that I'd be the same dirty rat I was back in year 7, but 'Change' and 'Time' has won this war. As I grow older, I think that my eyes opened wider and wider. As a kid, you could say that I was 'blind'. I didn't know or even care much about the world but as part of life and the ongoing 'Time', I begin to learn to see again and open my eyes.

Now, as a 15 year old, I have opened my eyes to the point where I question life. I do know one main purpose in my life right now though and it is to help my family. I wish to fulfill this purpose although my family members think really badly of me.
After being 'Changed' for some time, I finally see the humans in this world as something quite hideous.

Some of you may see that I don't seem as happy as I used to be in year 7. Well, 'Time' and 'Change' did this to me. 'I felt this strange feeling that I won't smile as much as I used to'. And I just discovered, it's true. I think I've come to a point where I'm ready to be a mature person in this life of mine. I'll try to resist cracking those 'jokes'.

At times last year, I would ask my older friends; 'How can I get rid of this dirty mind?'. I wanted to get rid of it so then some other people could show that they accept me. Deep down, you would say that they do but it's not what I only want. I want them to show me that they accept me. For the question, my friends would say 'In time Henry, but it just happens' or something like that; and I do believe that this year is my time.

And there was another time, when I asked about religion. And now [I don't want to offend anyone], I don't believe in religion. Simply - logic. As a child back in Vietnam, I remember the times when I would collect rocks - because of some belief I think - and I would keep them in this shed. At night, I would wish and hope that I would catch Buddha coming out of it. Quite whacky, but this used to be one of my childhood beliefs. As a 15 year old now, I question life, I question religion. Things are so complicated...

I finish this post by saying that I've lost the war against 'Time' and 'Change'. To remain as the old me causes pain but even to become a new person, it would still cause pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment