Friday, August 20, 2010

The future of relatives

Shit, I went 55 minutes over the time I told Diana I would have a blog up LOL. My mistake and apologies to anyone who waited ><. Lets get started :D.

"The future of relatives"

So it's been a while that I've wondered who my ancestors were and great news..? I think I'm Chinese :D. To be honest, I don't look all that Vietnamese compared to all my friends and family back in Vietnam. But while thinking of this, what startled me most was the future of my relatives. If you hadn't known, most of my family live back in Vietnam and my parents, siblings and I are the only ones here in Australia.

The only thing that had kept me connected with the people back in Vietnam was my parents and my Grandparents. I then wondered what would happen if my parents were to pass away sometime in the very distant future. Right now, my Vietnamese isn't all that good and neither is my English. And then I had to consider that some of my uncles and aunties had moved into Hanoi and Saigon. What I'm really trying to say is, my family is spreading everywhere and it'll be a matter of time before I won't even visit Vietnam anymore. It's quite sad for me. I started living in Vietnam till 5-6 and then moved over here. Now as a 15 year old, I realize that things are slowly separating and soon I won't even care that my life once existed back in Vietnam.

Thinking of this made me remember the vacations back to Vietnam, fishing with my cousins and going around on the Motorbikes. It was fun.. so was leaving that fun really worth it... Leaving my family, leaving the village. It's only my sis, bro and I that are here now and I'm so curious as to whether I will forget Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment