Tuesday, August 31, 2010

.... What is love?

.... What is love?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Love

-Sigh-

Sometimes I stare at midair and wonder what love is..

I think that dictionary.com has covered most of how love is defined, but honestly, I would only agree on the fact that love is different for everyone. For some of us, we go for the looks, some go for the brains and some go for a little bit of both. For me, it's more of the brain that's important but I'll be honest for those who read;

"I somewhat fall in love with a girl if I stare at her more and more each day". Lol. It's pretty crazy and I have been called many things cos I've said that. Doesn't seem like me eh?

*Which comes back to the point, why do I even bother blogging and posting these personal stuff? It's for people who care. Keep reading :).

Back to the topic. So, I've seen people love for sex too O.o and there some points in my life where I've heard that
'Sex is what bonds people together'. Somewhat this is true nowadays - things have 'changed'.

Lets look at different places in the world and see what love is like...
Back in Vietnam or some of those poor Asian countries, the poor would love cos they have to and the rich would love cos they want to. So really, this money system does in fact have some role in this (stupid money system..). My parents' marriage was kinda arranged, not that it was cultural or anything but they had to to support the family. And then we look at Africa and then most would have to get married at an even earlier age cos two heads are better than one :). And no, any more heads would turn things really bad. Over here in Australia we can love who we want and when we want, but as life progresses you either become poor, average or rich.

Things can get really different with love for everyone. Some say that the poor value love more yet, what if the poor continue to make it worse. Example?
Guy does drug, starts buying all these drugs.
Wife finds out
He promises that he'll stop
Yet he continues and they continue to drop

I think this case is quite rare though and it is quite certain for most that love is more valued by the poor. But then this word comes in; 'Survival'. Yes, I sometimes quesiton is it love or is it just the couple trying to survive in this retarded world? All these subjects that I talk about; they get so complicated and there are so many factors that affect these outcomes. But for the majority of us, I think that survival is our main goal in life. Yet we say, 'We survive to die in the end'. Oh the irony of life. So why do we still continue?

Now I sit here, wondering everything about life and continue to wonder '.... What is love?'

No comments:

Post a Comment